The main goal of the benchmarks is to analyze the hardware requirements for a Nexus deployment and to find potential issues and / or bottlenecks. In particular, we are most interested in the following metrics:
- throughput - how many requests per second the system can handle
- latency - the time the system needed to provide response to the requests
… and how they were affected by different factors, especially:
- data volume - how does the volume of the data in the system affect the performance
- hardware configuration and scalability - does assigning more hardware increase the performance of the system and can the system scale both horizontally and vertically.
- clustering - what are the effects of changing from a single node to clustered deployment, as well as, what are the effects of adding more nodes to the cluster.
The test scenarios and scripts can be found in the nexus-benchmarks repository.
The latest benchmarks were run against Nexus Delta v1.4.2, see benchmarks.