Language: Typescript Powerful type system and other features allow building higher quality applications, especially when they become complex. It is becoming the standard for entreprise-grade applications.
Bundler: Parcel Manages everything needed to bundle regular web applications with zero configuration most of the time.
Unit tests: Jest Zero-configuration testing framework, best support for React.
Linting: ESLint Airbnb with a few additions One of the most widespread coding style to make it easy for multiple developers to collaborate on the same code base.
NodeJS version: latest LTS To allow anyone to install Blue Brain Nexus on their infrastructure, we stay compatible with NodeJS Long Term Support version that is the one usually available for production systems.
Our workflow is inspired by Gitflow, simplified.
- Direct commit to the
masterbranch is prohibited
- Features and fixes are developed in separate feature branches
- When ready for review, a Pull Request is opened for inclusion into the master branch.
- The Pull Request must be approved by at least 1 other developer.
- When merged into the master branch, it triggers a deployment to our
- We tag the master branch with a Semantic Versioning version number when we consider it is high quality enough for release.
User documentation is written in the Blue Brain Nexus Platform documentation, including this very document. It is kept up-to-date with the latest features of the web applications and revised before any release.