Prior to the test execution a reasonable amount of data was injected into the system to ensure the system behaves well under a typical volume. Specifically:
- Total number of resources: 115,690,687
- Total number of triples (edges): 2,493,134,304
- Total number of entities (nodes): 352,856,595
- Total number of property types: 74
- Total number of classes (distinct values of
The data was generated by replicating a collection of provenance patterns, each spanning several resources:
The full collection of scenarios can be found here each within its own file.
Several scenarios were executed to verify the behaviour of the system, most notably:
- create resource (with validation)
- create resource (without validation)
- get resource by id
- tag resource
- get resource by revision, get resource by tag
- mixed operations: list resources, get resource by id, ElasticSearch query, BlazeGraph query, update resource
Please head over to the results section for a summary of the results and conclusions.